Harley-Davidson® of Charlotte has been in continuous operation since the early 1920's. Originally located on West Morehead it began through the partnership of Mr. Bishup and Mr. Upchurch. Sometime in the mid 20's one of their mechanics by the name of Doug Creech bought them out. An avid Harley-Davison® racer, expert mechanic and natural born salesman, Mr. Creech would continue to grow the business over the next four decades. Often referred to as a true gentleman, he would eventually relocate the dealership to South Tryon where he reigned as owner until 1970. While the dealership would remain in the same location for nearly two and a half more decades ownership would change hands four more times.
Ernest Hinson a rather stoic individual would take control in 1970. Known to be cut and dry and always to the point in all his dealings. In '79 Dale Swaringen would take ownership, new to the sport, he quickly grew to embrace the lifestyle and the people.
Once again in 1987 ownership would change hands, this time to Chris and Carl Wiggins. Coming over from the construction industry, they were, and continue to be avid Harley enthusiasts.
Then on February 2nd 1993 ownership would pass to current owners Ken and Ron Lipack.
Now with over 30 years in the motorcycle business and in his 22nd year at Harley-Davidson® of Charlotte, Ken Lipack is very proud to continue on the Harley-Davidson® heritage in the Carolinas.